= = = WORKSHOP Overview = = =
- To gain knowledge and be able to discuss harm reduction and abstinence based treatment modalities.
- To gain knowledge of addiction disease concepts and how they mimic mental health disorders.
- To gain knowledge of baseline psychiatric assessments in those with addiction and mood disorders.
- Examine the important facts of Reality therapy and Cognitive behavioral therapy and why they are a good fit for abstinence based treatment for chemical dependency.
- Examine the counselor’s role in effective treatment for chemical dependency.
We have applied to the NC Substance Abuse Professional Practice Board (NCSAPPB) for approval of 4.0 substance abuse specific credits.
Shawn Williams, D.O. | Addictionologist & Medical Director
Shawn Williams, D.O. joined the Willingway family as staff physician in 2011. He came
to Willingway with experience in family practice and emergency room medicine and is
dedicated to educating and empowering patients who are affected by alcohol and drug
addiction. In June of 2013, Dr. Williams was named the Director of Medical Education
for Willingway and in 2014 was named Medical Director. In his work, Dr. Williams strives
to educate the public and health professionals on addiction and addiction recovery.
Raymond Scott, CCS, CAC II | Inpatient Program Manager
Raymond began his career at Willingway as a Substance Abuse Counselor and is a two time
recipient of the Employee of the Year award in 1998 and 2016. Raymond coordinates and
advises the counseling staff at Willingway. He began working in the addiction field as an Intern
Counselor and has since become a Certified Clinical Supervisor, and a Certified Addiction
Counselor II (CAC II). Raymond serves the community by coordinating alcohol and drug
education programs for companies and their employees, families and churches. His primary
goal is to reeducate people about the stereotypes and myths about alcoholics and drug addicts.