The Mission of Dilworth Center is to provide effective and affordable treatment services for individuals and families affected by alcoholism and drug addiction.
Our goal at the Dilworth Center is to provide treatment programs that maximize the chances for long-term recovery for all our patients. We consider it our responsibility to assist our patients and their families in effectively treating alcoholism and drug addiction and helping them structure positive support systems.
It is our belief that recovery from alcoholism and addiction must begin with complete abstinence from all mood-altering chemicals.
- Alcoholism and drug addiction are diseases and therefore healthcare issues.
- People who suffer from these diseases deserve to be treated with the same dignity and quality of care as those who suffer from any other disease.
- Sustained recovery takes place in Twelve Step Programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous.
- Treatment is about discovery; learning about the disease and the tools needed for recovery.
- Outpatient treatment represents a proven and effective level of care for initiating enhancing recovery.
- Alcoholism and drug addiction seriously affect family members and loved ones. They should be offered compassionate understanding and help toward recovery.